At Lumere, we have the ambitious goal to change the way our healthcare system delivers medical care through access to the relevant clinical evidence needed to make better decisions. If every health system in the country uses our industry-leading technology and tools, we can improve the quality and efficiency of patient care and fundamentally change the way health systems operate.
Today, hundreds of health systems around the U.S. use our tools and we want to add second-to-none talent like you to help achieve our goal.
We're a growth-stage startup focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
Why join Lumere?
- Make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with no shortage of responsibility.
- Work with a laser-focused team that seeks the frontier, is obsessed about impact, comes here to do their best work, welcomes respectful debate, and succeeds as one team.
What you will be doing:
Lumere is looking for a passionate technology leader to oversee its software engineering teams. The successful candidate has been battle-tested in a growth-stage SaaS company and wants to apply those learnings as the head of our growing software organization.
Technical talent and experience are crucial, but the right candidate for this role wants to spend most of their time coaching, developing and managing software engineers. The ideal candidate should also be excited to represent our awesome team everywhere from industry conferences to the board room. The VP, Software Engineering will report to the CTO and have 3-5 direct reports.
- Help our engineering teams solve the big technical challenges across the company
- Work with our devops and product teams to ensure our engineers are positioned to satisfy their sprint commitments
- Create and execute our ‘technical vision,’ develop an architecture roadmap, and provide strategic guidance for the business
- Lend your software architecture skills across the engineering team to help identify opportunities for code consolidation and improvement
- Review pull requests, troubleshoot tough development issues, and foster our pair-programming and team-wide knowledge sharing efforts
- Develop and maintain code standards and hold us accountable to them
- Help engineers identify their personal development priorities and provide coaching on how to get there
- Represent the engineering team in leadership meetings
- Lead our software engineering recruiting efforts and work with the talent team to refine our hiring processes and standards
- Evangelize the team’s work in the Chicago tech and open source community
- 10+ years experience overseeing engineering departments and leading engineering team strategy
- A talent for helping engineers understand the big picture, as well as the appropriate level of investment and abstraction for a given problem
- A bias for action and ability to know what needs doing
- The ability to create a strong sense of urgency and empowerment from within a culture that values sustainability and the happiness of its developers
- The ability to deliver radically candid feedback and coaching in real time
- Excellent interpersonal and hiring instincts
- A high-energy, unfailingly positive attitude
- Excellent ownership and the ability to develop ownership in others
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in our stack (AWS, Python, Django, Vue.js) preferred, but not required
- SaaS software development and architecture experience