About Procured Health
At Procured Health, we have the ambitious goal to change the way our healthcare system delivers medical care through access to the relevant clinical evidence needed to make better decisions. If every health system in the country uses our industry-leading technology and tools, we can improve the quality and efficiency of patient care and fundamentally change the way health systems operate.
Today, hundreds of health systems around the U.S. use our tools and we want to add second-to-none talent like you to help achieve our goal.
We're a growth-stage startup focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
Why join Procured Health?
- Make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with no shortage of responsibility.
- Work with a laser-focused team that seeks the frontier, is obsessed about impact, comes here to do their best work, welcomes respectful debate, and succeeds as one team.
What you will be doing:
Procured Health is looking for its first Database Administrator to architect, build, and manage our PostgreSQL database infrastructure. This position will also serve as a coach for our software engineering and analytics teams in effective query and schema design, performance optimization, and all other database related matters.
The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge of relational database design, Postgres utilities, strong tuning and optimization skills, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to maintain multiple development and production Postgres environments.
- Proactively monitoring database performance and troubleshooting issues
- Working cross-functionally with our engineers and analytics professionals to optimize queries, fix performance bottlenecks, improve existing schemas and design new ones
- Creating and maintaining change control and testing processes, reviewing and approving database modifications
- Supporting the migration of legacy MySQL databases to Postgres
- Conducting research and making recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards
- Reviewing development and deployment processes related to databases and identifying areas of improvement (such as online schema changes)
- Creating and maintaining documentation, troubleshooting playbooks, and backup and recovery plans
- Improving database expertise company-wide
- PostgreSQL DBA experience in a 24x7 production environment
- 6+ years of database management and engineering experience
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional SQL development and performance tuning skills
- Experience architecting a large-scale production database platforms
- Expertise with Postgres system metrics and optimization strategies
- Familiarity with system level metrics and practical use of common Linux utilities
- Mastery of one of the following scripting languages: Python, Perl, Bash
- Understanding of virtualization and clustered environments
- Great communication skills and a passion for both teaching and learning