At Lumere, we have the ambitious goal to improve the way our healthcare system delivers medical care through access to relevant clinical evidence health systems needed to make better decisions. If every system in the country uses our industry-leading technology and tools, we can improve the quality and efficiency of patient care, and fundamentally change the way health systems operate.
Today, hundreds of health systems around the U.S. use our tools and we want to add second-to-none talent like you to help achieve our goal.
We're a growth-stage startup focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
Why join Lumere?
- Make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with no shortage of responsibility.
- Work with a laser-focused team that seeks the frontier, is obsessed about impact, comes here to do their best work, welcomes respectful debate, and succeeds as one team.
What you will be doing:
As a Senior Medical Device Specialist - Spine, you will serve as a subject-matter expert and be responsible for overseeing spine service line research as well as communicating evidence-based insights necessary for our clients (supply chain, value analysis, and/or clinicians) to reduce costs and improve the quality of spine care. You will partner closely with our internal solutions’ teams to ensure timely and quality deliverables, as well as manage members of our junior research team supporting spine service line projects.
The successful candidate will be a strong independent contributor with team player mentality. He/she will also share a passion for learning and understanding medical device technology as well as using evidence-based solutions to transform healthcare.
- Lead the spine device research and insights project life cycle from discovery and scope through delivery of final recommendations
- Proactively maintain thought leadership in spine service line by staying current on new to market devices, studies, and clinical trials
- Critically review and evaluate all service line data/research content ensuring accuracy, credibility, and removal of biases for evidence based decision-making
- Independently communicate evidence-based recommendations regarding product selection and utilization for specific product categories as well as broader service line-level initiatives to both clinical and administrative stakeholders
- Manage and direct our junior team of Medical Device Analysts and Medical Device Specialists
- Collect, structure, and maintain medical device product and category-level data from FDA, peer-reviewed journals, device manufacturers, CMS, and other credible sources as needed
- 5+ years experience at a healthcare provider or spine medical device industry
- Distinctive problem solving and project management skills
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to lead collaboration across functions and teams
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Excel and MySQL preferred