About Procured Health
At Procured Health, we have the ambitious goal to change the way our healthcare system delivers medical care through access to the relevant clinical evidence needed to make better decisions. If every health system in the country uses our industry-leading technology and tools, we can improve the quality and efficiency of patient care and fundamentally change the way health systems operate.
Today, hundreds of health systems around the U.S. use our tools and we want to add second-to-none talent like you to help achieve our goal.
We're a growth-stage startup focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
Why join Procured Health?
- Make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- Work in a fast-paced environment across a variety of legal and business areas, with no shortage of responsibility.
- Work with a laser-focused team that seeks the frontier, is obsessed about impact, comes here to do their best work, welcomes respectful debate, and succeeds as one team.
What you will be doing:
As Corporate Counsel, you will be Procured Health’s first in-house legal resource and responsible for leading all legal and compliance responsibilities such as developing and revising form agreements, negotiating contracts with clients, partners, and other third parties, managing external legal resources, and advising internal teams on legal and compliance best practices. You will partner closely with our Executive Leadership team to establish a process that supports Procured Health’s high-growth business strategies and ensures compliance with relevant laws.
The successful candidate must be able to balance the needs of a fast-growing tech business with the inherent legal and compliance risks. Experience establishing processes and working across a wide range of issues will be important. You'll be a great fit for this opportunity if you are a self-starter with superb legal and business judgment, who produces excellent work with little oversight, and who welcomes mentorship and constructive feedback.
- Take lead in structuring, drafting, and negotiating the wide range of complex agreements that underpin the exciting work we do
- Respond promptly to contracting requests and legal questions from internal teams and clients
- Research issues on HIPAA, cybersecurity, numerous areas of compliance, and various U.S. laws and apply that knowledge to our contracting, day to day operations and ongoing product development
- Ensure compliance with laws, agreements, and HIPAA, including development of contract management tools and processes
- Keep up with the wide range of laws that affect Procured Health’s business
- Liaise with outside counsel to make efficient use of a broader network of fellow lawyers and specialty skillsets
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and member in good standing of at least one state bar
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in technology transactions and contract drafting/negotiations (preference for in-house experience)
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills in SaaS and consulting agreements
- Sharp business judgment and instincts, with an ability to advise on and structure business terms in contracts, balance risk and business needs, and to anticipate short and long-term impacts of deal terms on Procured Health’s business and operations
- Exceptional writing, communication, and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Proven ability to multitask high-priority tasks, and work well under heavy deadline pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Solution-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- In-house experience with a fast-growing B2B SaaS or analytics company
- Experience in cloud-based data analytics services and products
- Experience advising business teams on risks associated with data use, data protection, software products, and consulting services
- Familiarity with federal and state privacy and data protection laws, including HIPAA
- Health care industry experience