About Procured Health
At Procured Health, we have the ambitious goal to change the way our healthcare system delivers medical care through access to the relevant clinical evidence needed to make better decisions. If every health system in the country uses our industry-leading technology and tools, we can improve the quality and efficiency of patient care and fundamentally change the way health systems operate.
Today, hundreds of health systems around the U.S. use our tools and we want to add second-to-none talent like you to help achieve our goal.
We're a growth-stage startup focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
Why join Procured Health?
- Make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with no shortage of responsibility.
- Work with a laser-focused team that seeks the frontier, is obsessed about impact, comes here to do their best work, welcomes respectful debate, and succeeds as one team.
What you will be doing:
As our Applied Data Science Lead, you will manage a team responsible for building and maintaining the predictive models that power our product and business. You’ll work directly with Product Managers, Engineers and our Director of Clinical Data to conceptualize and develop new applications of our data that further our evidence-based mission to improve healthcare.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated individual with excellent communication and technical leadership skills and a proven track record of delivering robust and actionable models. He or she will be experienced with a wide variety of data science techniques, tools and platforms, able to articulate the benefits of each and appropriately balance speed of delivery with accuracy and maintainability.
- Managing a cross-functional team of data science and engineering professionals
- Improving the quality of our existing models; ongoing maintenance of our modeling infrastructure
- Presenting outputs to stakeholders for feedback and iteration
- Working with product management and engineering to integrate predictions into our solutions
- 4+ years experience in quantitative analysis; 2+ years of data science, predictive modeling, or applied statistics experience; Masters or PhD in a quantitative field preferred
- Strong product instincts and a demonstrated ability to learn the domain at hand, communicate, and work cross-functionally
- Extensive experience with a wide variety of different algorithms and an ability to communicate effectively about the trade offs between approaches
- Experience with our existing stack (R/Python, scikit-learn, tensorflow)
- Exposure to natural language processing techniques and distributed compute technologies such as Apache Spark or Hadoop
- Strong SQL proficiency and a working knowledge of both relational database/warehouse technologies (MySQL, Postgres, Redshift) as well as database performance considerations
- Working knowledge of professional software development tools and processes (Scrum, git, etc.)
- Organized, highly motivated individual with excellent collaboration, project management and problem-solving skills