At Procured Health, we have an ambitious goal–taking costs out of our healthcare system while improving the quality and efficiency of patient care. We believe that we can solve some of the biggest problems in healthcare with a talented team, smart technology and engaged users. Our best-in-class software tools help healthcare providers optimize clinical product evaluation, reduce costs, and fundamentally change the way they operate. We're a growth stage start-up focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
As a DevOps Engineer at Procured Health, you will manage the hardware and software systems that are critical to the operation of our business. Responsibilities include:
- Server Infrastructure: Maintain and build out application infrastructure to support Procured's service and data needs as the company grows. This includes web servers, task servers, RDS databases, DNS records, CloudSearch, ElastiCache, and many other AWS services.
- Big Data: Build out our Redshift DB and data pipelines to handle large data sets from government, client, and third party sources.
- Security: Keep servers secure and patched. Investigate downtime events. Keep firewall rules updated. Properly define access permissions for services, IAM users, DB users, and 3rd parties.
- Automation: Expand our suite of Fabric tools for fast and reliable deployment of new services and quick recovery in the event of a failure. Create tools to help manage rapidly growing datasets across departments and development environments.
Why you should join us:
- At Procured, you can make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- You will work in a fast-paced environment and have no shortage of responsibility.
- You will join a group of people that take their work seriously, but not themselves.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- 3+ years experience in a Dev-Ops, or System Administrator role
- You are very familiar with AWS services including EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, IAM, and others
- Experience with Redshift and ETL of large data sets
- Maintained, configured, and supported Linux/Apache/MySQL servers.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like Fabric or Chef
- You are a patient, personable and open-minded individual with a high level of maturity and excellent discretion
- A demonstrated track record for accomplishing goals and meeting deadlines
- You hold yourself and others to a high standard
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, strong prioritization skills