At Procured Health, we have an ambitious goal–taking costs out of our healthcare system while improving the quality and efficiency of patient care. We believe that we can solve some of the biggest problems in healthcare with a talented team, smart technology and engaged users. Our best-in-class software tools help healthcare providers optimize clinical product evaluation, reduce costs, and fundamentally change the way they operate. We're a growth stage start-up focused on building a world-class company, and are backed by leading healthcare investors.
What you’ll be doing:
As an ETL Engineer at Procured Health, you will lead our efforts to collect healthcare data from our constituent healthcare systems. You will develop and execute a plan to standardize and automate extraction processes from both ERP and EHR systems in support of our software solutions.
The ideal candidate is an experienced IT professional who has worked closely with (or within) health system IT departments and is familiar with the unique challenges associated with data extraction from HIPAA covered entities. In this position, you would collaborate with our development, product management and analytics teams to define the data we need and then work with health system personnel to set up and automate extractions.
- Facilitate and troubleshoot customer data extractions
- Verify that the appropriate data has made it into our pipeline
- Develop standardized data extraction definitions and procedures
- Serve as subject-matter-expert on hospital ERP/EHR systems
Why you should join us:
- At Procured, you can make a direct impact on our healthcare system, working with hospitals that are leading real change in the industry.
- You will work in a fast-paced environment and have no shortage of responsibility.
- You will join a group of people that take their work seriously, but not themselves.
- 5+ years experience in healthcare IT within a hospital or service provider that works with hospital data systems
- BS/BA degree in healthcare informatics, information systems, computer science, or a related information technology degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of one or more of the following ERP/EHR systems: Infor Lawson SCM, Oracle’s PeopleSoft, McKesson, Epic, Cerner
- Familiarity with existing healthcare databases, data sources and industry standard measures and code sets (e.g. ICD9, CPT/HCPCS, DRG, NDC)
- An IT generalist skill set with extensive ETL experience (especially SQL, SFTP/FTPS, task automation with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl, Powershell, etc.)
- Strong leadership instincts
- A heavy preference for personal autonomy and initiative; a self-driven learner
- A demonstrated track record of accomplishing goals, meeting deadlines, and holding yourself and others to a high standard
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to present solutions with both technical and non-technical arguments