At Procured Health, we have an ambitious goal -- taking costs out of our healthcare system while improving the quality and efficiency of patient care. We believe that we can solve some of the biggest problems in healthcare with a talented team, smart technology and engaged users. Our best-in-class software tools help healthcare providers optimize clinical product evaluation, reduce costs, and fundamentally change the way they operate. We're a growth stage start-up focused on building a world-class company, and backed by leading healthcare investors.
What you’ll be doing:
Our Pharmacy Research Associates are on the front lines of the battle against rising costs. They conduct fundamental diligence on the therapies that our hospital customers evaluate, consolidating resources from the FDA, peer reviewed journals, clinical trials, manufacturers, and other third parties to generate unbiased content that is instrumental to the value that we deliver to our clients. Research Associates are active members of the pharmacy team, working in a fast-paced environment to support the foundation of Procured’s emerging pharmacy solutions platform.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collect and organize clinical drug information from various sources, including clinical trials, peer-reviewed literature, manufacturers, and FDA.
- Design an algorithmic approach to information acquisition and product research.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the medication use process in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Apply critical thinking, creativity, and resourcefulness to contribute to discussions of product comparability and value assessments.
- Maintain high level of quality in the details and appearance of information in our proprietary software.
- BA, BS, and/or MS degree with concentration in natural (biology, physics, chemistry) or biomedical sciences, psychology, sociology, biomedical engineering / bioengineering, or chemical engineering
- Prior work experience at a health care provider, pharmacy, or pharmaceutical company preferred
- Demonstrated keen interest in health care and pharmacology
- Basic understanding of pharmaceuticals and clinical trials
- Experience with medical databases like PubMed
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High degree of competence in MS Excel, e.g., ability to use Pivot Tables and functions such as VLOOKUP, INDEX / MATCH, SUMIF / COUNTIF
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and thorough